Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Exporting as XML Legacy in InfoView Post Reply Post New Topic
joelbabb

Online Status: Offline
Quote joelbabb Replybullet Topic: Exporting as XML Legacy in InfoView
    Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 12:25am
Hello All,
 First post so please be kind Smile

I have a report that extracts data from my SQL database Site Name data and corresponding Alarm Data for that site. The next step is to export this data to an XML file. Running export to XML using The Crystal Schema seems to just export nonsense.

So I have used Legacy XML Expert in crystal 2008 to extract the data i need and added my own attributes. When I export it again using XML Legacy option it works great. Shows all data I need in a useable format. I can load this into
Xcelsius 2008 set up an XML Map and my SWF updates according to the refresh time. GREAT! 

Now the problem. When i load the report into InfoView as i want to schedule the report to run automatically and write over the XML file with new data that in tern is displayed on my dashboard. I select the destination, frequency etc i set file format to XML and tick the box ‘use XML export options defined in the report.’ But this just seems to use the Crystal Scheme and the exported XML is nonsense again.

What do i need to do to get InfoView to write an XML file using the XML Legacy settings I have originally set in the report?

Do I have to write my own XML schema and save that as an XSL and load that into crystal and set that as the default?

I just need pointing in the right direction i'm sure from there i can work it out.

Thanks

Joel

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version