Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Getting a Crystal Report to work in a Master Page Post Reply Post New Topic
gray

Online Status: Offline
Quote gray Replybullet Topic: Getting a Crystal Report to work in a Master Page
    Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 5:32am
Hi people,

I hope someone can either confirm that this doesn't work or can help me to fix the problem I am having.

Basically, I have a Crystal Report which works. I have ran it stand alone and it is perfectly okay.

Interesting bit:
When I use CrystalReportViewer in a standard .aspx page, the report works perfectly. It shows the toolbar at the top and the page navigation works fine.
However my website uses Master Pages. So I then create a new .aspx page which uses my Master Page. Drop the CrystalReportViewer control onto the page as I did before (however, this time it appears inside a  ContentPlaceHolder <asp:Content>). The report loads and displays the first page, but the toolbar is not fully visible and the page navigation is not there.

To me it looks as though, the CSS and the images can't be found due to the URL mess up that occurs with Master Pages.

Can anyone help me sort this problem?

Cheers,
Gray
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version