Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Enquiry about integration report into server Post Reply Post New Topic
snowfrost

Online Status: Offline
Quote snowfrost Replybullet Topic: Enquiry about integration report into server
    Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 3:39am
Hi everyone,
I have some doubts regarding the integration of crystal report in the server and would like to seek your advice on it.

My report is developed using the crystal report designer from visual studio 2008 and my website is developed using .Net framework and I am using windows IIS.

a) if i did not purchase the crystal report server edition to be installed in my server, Is there a crystal report reader that I can embed/install into my windows server in order for the site to generate the report ?

Appreciate anyone who can advise me. Thank you.

Regards,
Ros
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 2:49pm
Yes - there should be Crystal Viewer components that are part of Visual Studio.  If you're using Visual Studio 2010, you'll need to download and install the Crystal Viewer into VS.  I believe it's available on SAP's Crystal site.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
snowfrost

Quote snowfrost Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 4:46pm
Hi hilfy,
Meaning I just need to install the crystal viewer into my windows server to view the report?

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 5:13pm

Sort of....

You need to install the viewer component in Visual Studio and use it in your application to display your reports.  For your server, you'll need to install the "Merge Modules" that are also available as a download.  (At least, the merge modules were part of the install for earlier versions of VS - I haven't had a chance to work with 2010, so I don't know whether that has changed.)

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version