Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: importsubreportmethod in vs2005 .net Post Reply Post New Topic
rocky20

Online Status: Offline
Quote rocky20 Replybullet Topic: importsubreportmethod in vs2005 .net
    Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 6:34am

Does this method exist in crystal report 2008 vs 2005 .net i didn't found it?Or is there something else to set subreport path at runtime.
Is there any sample code for this. 

Many thanks for help!!!

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 11:10pm
I haven't used it before. But I know that you have to have CR XI R2 Developer edition. The advanced object model is part of the classes that get installed with the Dev edition.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
rocky20

Quote rocky20 Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 11:31pm
1.ok so something like that doesn't exist in crystal reports 2008 which cames out this month.Or i'm wrong.Because this version have also Report object model as you said  here http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1637&PID=5349#5349
i' was looking in api guide for crystal reports 2008 and i didn't found importsubreport function.
I found this http://www.vbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-270943.html
but this is copy pasted from technical guide for crystal reports 10.
So i still don't know if i can change path of subreport dynamically in crystal reports 2008 or is this possible only in older versions.Is it so can i found solution in your book .net programming maybe?

And many thanks brian for your answers because the official forums of crystal reports are dead :(

Edited by rocky20 - 07 Nov 2007 at 11:44pm
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 12:17am
The new CR.NET 2008 book I write will have all this in it. But unfortunately, I haven't had time to research it yet. This is a new feature which is only allowed with the licensing that comes with CR R2 Dev edition. So I have a bit of work to do to figure out the new API and the differences between it and the .NET 2008 API.

Yes, the CR forums are a bit dead. I hope to make this site the premier CR resource on the web.  I just hope that people buy my books so that I can keep this up!
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
rocky20

Quote rocky20 Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 12:40am
SO if it is in one version back i supposed that they didn't delete this function in crystal report 2008.But just now i have read this:
Report Developer Component (RDC)
The RDC is unsupported in Crystal Reports 2008. Developers wishing to
use Crystal Reports in a COM application should use Crystal Reports XI
Release 2. The ActiveX viewer remains a fully supported component of
Crystal Reports 2008.
in crystal report 2008 user guide. Was this function the part of RDC in older version?

I'm researcher in one preatty big firm in Slovenia,and we are choosing new reporting software because at the moment we are using access reports.Now they want's to have new technology.I already researched sql reporting services 2005 and i was not satisfied because, they don't have rtf, and word suport also there is no possibility to cache dataset(easy way, or i didn't found it), and the html preview is not precise as crystal, also the exports are not good, you canot use subreport in headers and so on and so on.(also i read your article about crystal vs reporting services and that fact about 75% of reports that you can make with reporting services )
So now i'm researching crystal, but dynamic load of headers on wich we will had subreport (i also tried rtf in ole object and have no sucess with dynamic load, when is picture in rtf, where is only text i successfuly load rtf ) is critical thing on which we will decide if we will buy product or not.

We will probobly buy your book if we decide to purchuase crystal but i'dont know yet because of these thing that bother me.

many thanks for answer again and sorry for may bad english?

Edited by rocky20 - 08 Nov 2007 at 12:45am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version