Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: How to draw regression line on a bar graph? Post Reply Post New Topic
raghu_db7

Online Status: Offline
Quote raghu_db7 Replybullet Topic: How to draw regression line on a bar graph?
    Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 7:59pm
I need to generate a report which shows a bar graph with a regression line. Is it possible to draw a regression line on a bar graph in crystal reports.net?
raghu
IP IP Logged
Lugh

Online Status: Offline
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2007 at 10:51am
Wow.  Here's hoping you have email notification turned on.  And that you still need this answer.

Yes.  It is not only possible, but pretty darn easy.  Well, at least, it is in Crystal XI.  I never tried it in any previous version.

In your bar graph, right-click on any riser (i.e., "bar").  At the bottom of the options list you will see "Trendlines."  This will allow you to create regression lines, and all sorts of other lines.  Honestly, I don't know what half those lines do.  But, I use the heck out of the polynomial lines.

As a note, mine has a weird little bug.  I don't know if it's universal.  But, when you first open the trendlines dialog, and click on a line type, it won't let you select it.  You have to click on a different line type, then back to the first line type.  Then it will work.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version