Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Passing Parameters in ASP.NET Post Reply Post New Topic
SunDevilPrgmr

Online Status: Offline
Quote SunDevilPrgmr Replybullet Topic: Passing Parameters in ASP.NET
    Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 7:19am

I have a report created using Crystal ReportsXI named MyNewReport.  This was created using an Oracle Stored Procedure with input parameters in the SProc.  I need to programmatically create the user interface to enable the user to input the parameter value.  I am trying to follow the book's instructions...(Crystal Reports .NET Programming, Chapter 16, Page 328, Listing 16-2)  The sample code in the book goes as follows: 

'Use the ReportDocument object to create two default parameters. 
Dim MyReport as new CrystalReport1()
Dim ParameterFieldDefinition as _ CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ParameterFieldDefinition
ParameterFieldDefinition = MyReport.DataDefinition.ParameterFields.Item("Location")

The bolded objects are where I am having a problem.

1.  My Intellisense does not bring up CrystalReport1. 
2.  The program does not recognize ParameterFieldDefinition object, despite declaring it earlier.

Also, I take it that it is not necessary to use parameter options in th ereport (CrystalReportsXI) in order to programmatically assign this for user interaction.

Please help.  The fact that that this problem starts right in the beginning of the object reference (CrystalReport1()), I am stuck even going any further.

Thanks,

SunDevil
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version