Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Looping through recordset to print each record Post Reply Post New Topic
jcfrasco

Online Status: Offline
Quote jcfrasco Replybullet Topic: Looping through recordset to print each record
    Posted: 02 Dec 2007 at 11:09am
Hello,

I am trying to make a Crystal Report that will loop through a dataset and print each report individually. I have the report built and I can set the parameter and retrieve the records and then bind that to the viewer to display all the records. However, what I really need to do is just click the print button on the form and then have the report automatically send to print the formatted report for each record and then set the database field 'PrintDate' to current date for each record processed.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

jcfrasco
jcfrasco
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2007 at 12:35pm
I wonder if there isn't a better way to do this? Why not just print a single detail record on each page? That way all the records in the dataset print individually.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version