Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Exporting to multiple worksheets in one Excel file Post Reply Post New Topic
gloworm
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote gloworm Replybullet Topic: Exporting to multiple worksheets in one Excel file
    Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 3:59am
I am working on a project where I need the data from 4 separate reports exported into a single Excel workbook, but on separate worksheets in the workbook.

Can this be accomplished with 4 separate reports or would they have to be combined into a single report.

If a single report is the way to go, please explain how to accomplish it.  I am guessing subreports, but have not done subreports in over 10 years.

How would I tell the export to separate it into 4 worksheets in the workbook?

Everything I have found says it is not possible to do it with Crystal Reports natively.  A third party program has been suggested but that is not a solution for this project.

Edited by gloworm - 24 Jan 2013 at 4:13am
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 10:43am
It is true with the native CR you cannot export to more than one sheet of Excel.  Yes you could combine the four reports into one report, but I am not sure this will help much at this point.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 6:31am
To expand on kevlray's answer, I believe there is at least one third-party tool available that will do this.  You can check out the list of tools here www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html for some options.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version