Message Icon Topic: Reporting from Business Objects Post Reply Post New Topic
esther31
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote esther31 Replybullet Topic: Reporting from Business Objects
    Posted: 20 May 2013 at 11:51pm
Hello

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it.

We would like to be able to report from the central management console to allow us to setup a list of reports currently available, an auditable list of users and other similar reports.

We have established a connection within crystal to allow us to setup the reports but I have no idea where to start with connecting the tables or the relationship etc.

does anyone have any ideas where I can start with this or if it is even possible?

Thanks
Esther
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:53pm
Simple answer - you can't.  The information you're looking for is stored in a proprietary binary format in the database and you can't directly report off of it.  You have two options for getting this info:

1.  Use the QueryBuilder tool that comes with BO (URL is the URL to Tomcat on the web server plus "/AdminTools" - this is case sensitive.)  However, this doesn't provide much in the way of options for printing nicely.

2.  Use either the .NET or the Java SDK to create an application that will extract the data and either spit it out to a .csv file or send it to a report.  I have a C#.NET  example of using this technique to report on user information on my web site - www.dellstinnett.com/sample_code.html.  Look for "Code for BOEUserAudit application".

-Dell

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version