Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Re-Connecting to XML Web Service using http xml ur Post Reply Post New Topic
dnewton

Online Status: Offline
Quote dnewton Replybullet Topic: Re-Connecting to XML Web Service using http xml ur
    Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 5:20am
I am in the process of creating a report using the CR 2011 Developer version 14.0.4.738.  I have been able to connect to an XML web service using  the HTTP(s) XML URL option.  When defining this data source in the CR Developer tool I am able to provide and HTTP(s) XML User ID and Password that it submits with the URL web service request.  The web service being requested requires authentication.  Everything is working fine during the session where I am designing the report.  If I exit the and subsequently reopen the CR Developer, in an attempt to make further modifications to the report I had previously created, I am unable to re-connect to the previously established XML web service data sources.  I receive a message "Unknown Database Connector Error".  I have access to a log file that records every interaction with the web service
and the error code 401 (Unauthorized) is associated with the request.  It appears that this subsequent attempt to re-connect to the Web Service does not pass the credentials (user name and password) I had originally provided when the connection was first defined.  I understand that although the user name provided in the original session is saved
along with other connection details,  the password is not.  Security thing, I get it.  I am looking for a way, setting somewhere, that would force the CR Designer to allow me to provide these credentials again so that they can be submitted with the XML Web Service request for this subsequent report development session.  My only option at this point is to re-define each HTTP XML data source corresponding to each different XML web service used in the report and change location from the original data source to the
new one.  Not a practical solution.  Please understand I am just using the Developer tool, this is not a question about deployment of the report.  Thank you for any help that can be provided. 
dnewton
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version