Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Report in VS not matching CR Post Reply Post New Topic
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Topic: Report in VS not matching CR
    Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 5:09pm
Hi,

I am new at this, and I hope this the right place to ask this question.  I wrote a report in the Crystal development environment that will 'move' or suppress columns based on a string in a formula.  All works as desired.

When I call the same report from Visual Studios, the suppression is working, so it is accepting the string from the formula, but none of the columns are moving.

Any thoughts on why this is so?  

The movement is being done by custom functions that adjust the 'Size and Position' feature in CR XI.

Would the references matter?  Most of the references in my Project are for CR 10.2.xxxx there are only a couple that are CR 11.5.xxxx .

Thanks
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 9:19pm
I have no idea why this would work in CR but not when called from VS. Have you downloaded the latest service pack for VS 2005? I have a link to it in the announcements section at the top of the posts.

I would do a little more debugging to figure out if the communication between VS and CR is 100% accurate. Try printing the string from VS in the header to make sure it didn't get truncated and that all the characters came through properly. Secondly, try modifying the formulas the move the columns and have them return the 'before' and 'after' positions of a couple columns. Make sure the calculation is still working fine. If all that checks out and you didn't discover what piece was missing, then I guess it's a bug with CR.  Oh yeah - you don't have the report saving the data do you? that might keep it from refreshing everything properly.

Wait.... I just saw that you have references for CR 10.2 and 11. 5. What's up with multiple versions in your project??? That's probably a big problem. You need to delete all references to 10.2 and just use the 11.5 libraries. Mixing and matching libraries is a very bad thing. When you do an upgrade of a project, make sure there are any unwanted libraries hanging around.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 9:32am
Thanks,

We have upgraded to CR Pro.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, and all is now working...yes all of the references are to 11.5xxx.

Thanks for confirming that mixing the references was probably the cause.

Thanks again,
lockwelle
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version