Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Text direction Post Reply Post New Topic
lynnedm

Online Status: Offline
Quote lynnedm Replybullet Topic: Text direction
    Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 4:33pm
Hello,

Is it possible to have the First page of a Crystal report in Portrait format and the 2nd page in Landscape.  I have been asked to design a report with covering information on page 1 and a landscape table on the following page/s.  I would prefer that the users did not have to select and print separate reports

Thanks
Lynne
IP IP Logged
Lugh

Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 4:28am
The simple answer is, no, it's not possible.

There are some possible tricks, though.

The simplest trick is to rotate all of your text by 90 degrees on the first page.  It will still technically be printing in landscape, but, to the end user, it will look like it is portrait.  You can rotate the text in the Format Field dialog.

One issue with the above is that it really will only work with a single record.  You can't have your detail sections march across the page, instead of down it.  But, for your described situation, it should work fine.

It may be possible to also pull this off with subreports.  I've never tried it, so I'm not sure.  But, you may be able to designate a subreport to print in a different direction.  Thinking this through, it could create some really wacky problems if done incorrectly.  So, Crystal may not allow it, on principle.  But, it may be worth a shot, if you need to do something that a simple rotation can't handle.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 10:27am
Although most people don't use CR 2008 yet, it does have a new feature which lets you set a custom orientation for each subreport. This has been a frequently requested feature for many versions and it is finally available if you upgrade.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version