Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Reporting on reports available throught Infoview Post Reply Post New Topic
esther31
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote esther31 Replybullet Topic: Reporting on reports available throught Infoview
    Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 5:58am
Hello

Does anybody know if it is possible to report from business objects/Infoview? I have been asked to produce and maintain a list of all reports available to end users via Infoview but this would be much simpler if I could report straight from the console rather than maintaining a separate list.

Thanks in advance, I realise this may be a ridiculous request!

Esther
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 5:27am
You can't get this data into a Crystal Report - it is stored in a proprietary binary format in the CMS database. However, you can use the Query Builder to do this. Which version of CRS/BO are you using? Based on that I can give you a sample URL to get to QB. The query you'll want to run is something like this:

Select SI_ID, SI_NAME from CI_INFOOBJECTS where SI_KIND = 'CrystalReport' and SI_INSTANCE = 0

This will get you a list of all of the reports that are not instances. However, this list will include reports that are in users Favorites folders as well as reports that are in the public folders.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
esther31
Groupie
Groupie

Quote esther31 Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 9:21pm
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm using 2008.

Thanks
Esther
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:53pm
So you have Crystal Reports Server 2008, correct? The QueryBuilder can be found at a URL similar to this:

http://<server>:8080/AdminTools

What specific information are you trying to get?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
esther31
Groupie
Groupie

Quote esther31 Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 4:02am
We need to maintain a list of all available reports for our users who are split into different groups. On average we are publishing 10-20 new reports a day so the list is impossible to manage. I'd like to be able to report on this information without keeping a stand alone document that is reliant on user updates all the time. As I am a report developer rather than the system administrator I'm not sure i'll have access to the admin tools but if you can point me in the right direction I can ask my colleagues in CICT to have a look for me.

Thanks again for your help.

Esther
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version