Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report with totals and 12 month rolloing chart Post Reply Post New Topic
td138

Online Status: Offline
Quote td138 Replybullet Topic: Report with totals and 12 month rolloing chart
    Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:34am
I have been tasked with creating 2 crystal reports of closed support tickets. I only know the very basics of creating a report.

The first report would list the call types (category) with the total closed for the requested month. I was able to add the field and add a summary (count)for each call type. That works fine.
The second part of this report is to create a chart to include the last 12 months of closed tickets. I have searched Google and tried different options in Crystal with no luck.

The second report would list the call types (category) and the extended call types (subcategory). I was able to add those fields and add the summary (count) to display the number of total closed tickets for the call types and below that each extended call types would show the number of closed for each.
I basically took the first report and added the extended call type field but then the number of records showed me 20,0000+ when it should only be around 486. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and how I would get the counts to display correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 9:59am
Are the two fields from different tables, if so how did you join the tables?  If from only one table, then I do not have an answer.
IP IP Logged
td138

Quote td138 Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 10:07am
The fields are from 2 different tables
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 3:43am
You likely have a join issue.
By adding a field from the second table it 'enforces' the join and creates the data set based on that. When you only use fields (in any capacity) from one table it acts as if the other table is not part of the set up.
What are you joining the tables on? If you are not joining on nay fields then you are getting a Cartesian result
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version