Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Display formula result but not multiple dtl lines Post Reply Post New Topic
cbaldwin
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote cbaldwin Replybullet Topic: Display formula result but not multiple dtl lines
    Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 4:23am
I have a table Donor_Queue that contains much data in the Donor_Queue.Queue_ID field. Some Donor_Queue.Queue_ID also have associated Issues in the Donor_Issue table. I have completed a full outer join of the Donor_Queue.Queue_ID to the Donor_Issue.Queue_ID. The full outer join allows me to see all Donor_Queue.Queue_ID regardless of whether or not an issue exists.

I only want to know if a Donor_Queue.Queue_ID has an associated Donor_Issue.Queue_ID with a Y or N response. I do not want to see the multiple detail lines if more than one Donor_Issue.Queue_ID exists for a Donor_Queue.Queue_ID.

I created the formula(ISSUES)to provide the Y or N answer and added it to a group header for the Donor_Queue.Queue_ID.

IF NOT ISNULL({DONOR_ISSUE.QUEUE_ID})THEN "Y" ELSE "N"

So my problem is that i see multiple detail lines for each Donor_Queue.Queue_ID if it has multiple Donor_Issue.Queue_ID. I realize that i can suppress the detail lines.

My concern is that this is just the beginning of a complicated report and i am curious if there is a better way to approach this without suppressing detail lines.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version