Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Different report versions running on same server Post Reply Post New Topic
dreamer_0244

Online Status: Offline
Quote dreamer_0244 Replybullet Topic: Different report versions running on same server
    Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 10:32pm

I currently have an application with crystal report made from Visual Studio 2003 and another application with crystal report built from Visual Studio 2005, these applications are on the same web server. However, when I run the application built from Visual Studio 2005, an error occurs. Are there any compatibility issues when running different version of crystal report on the same server?

NOTE: I have installed the prerequisites for the crystal report.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 10:54pm
I haven't done this before, and this is the exact reason. Crystal Reports makes a valiant effort to have side-by-side versions work on the same computer. But it isn't always successful. I'm betting that your VS 2005 application is loading CR 2003 DLLs and this is causing the error. I would only have one version of Crystal Reports on any given computer and save yourself many headaches. It's messy.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version