Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Date If.... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 6:59am
Your original post looked like you had done some grouping.
to get to testing the process I recommend you just get your data set with fields on the detail section.
now you can add a formual field that is the same as your select expert statement and place it on the  detail section.
It should show TRUE for each row that would be included and FALSE for each row excluded.
What does your detail section look like for this testing and which rows are still showing as TRU that you wanted as FALSE?
IP IP Logged
Twizik

Quote Twizik Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 8:30am

I replaced the date field with the itemtype field which is the 0 and 3's then I added a formula field which is to the left of the itemtype. I had the formula in the itemtype field so it would exclude the FALSE detail line but it did not do it.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 8:45am
so where you see FALSE these rows should be exlcuded from the report when you place the formula {wrkitem.itemtype} = 0  in the select expert. I am not exactly sure where your missing a process.
If you are familiar with SQL, the Select Expert is very similar to the 'Where clause' of a view or stored procedure.
I don't understand your post when you state you put the "formula in the itemtype field"...

IP IP Logged
Twizik

Quote Twizik Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 8:58am
Your stement is correct the FALSE should be excluded from the report. I'm not familiar with SQL I've never worked with this stuff I had this project dumped on me. This does make sense to me as to why it should work. I meant I kept the formula {wrkitem.itemtype} = 0 in the select expert at the time of the screen shot so you knew that the formula should have been excluding the FALSE line. I'm going to continue to tinker around if you think of anything let me know, I appreciate it.
IP IP Logged
Twizik

Quote Twizik Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:25am
Fixed: I finally figured something out here. Section Expert removes false statement for a group and select expert does not, alteast in my case. I just went through and doubles the detail lines and made a section expert formula work.type = 0 to filter out material and on the other detail section i did wrk.type=3 for material now I have a whole line dedicated to labor and material and I can do with each as I please.

Again thanks for all the input
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2012 at 2:06pm
A word of caution. The section expert does not "remove" anything from the report it, just hides it which is a critical difference when it comes to doing calculations s hidden data is still included in that unless you exclude it using variable formulas or running totals.
You can remove groups of data from the report using select expert set to group conditions with statements that refer to a group summary.

Edited by DBlank - 16 May 2012 at 2:09pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version