Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Field wont display on some rows Post Reply Post New Topic
Adam_Transmax

Online Status: Offline
Quote Adam_Transmax Replybullet Topic: Field wont display on some rows
    Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 3:44pm
I have an error where some fields in a crystal report will return blank when run from a specific computer.

The report contains a database field which is in a repeating row. The computer in error will not print any text in this field if the text it should print is only 1 line long. If the text is longer than 1 line it will print the text.

I have confirmed that the data is “getting to” the report (The report is being bound to a dataset through code). It just won’t appear on the screen.

The error persists when the report is printed.

The computer with the problem is running Windows Vista 64 bit and is has the crystal reports 11.5 run time on it (which I believe is the version installed with .net 3.5).
Other computers that have been tested and work correctly (i.e. print the field for all rows) were running Win 7 64 bit, Xp, and Vista 32 bit.

I have asked around the office and no one seems to understand the problem. I also have not seen this reported anywhere on the internet.

Any help would be appreciated. I am very new to Crystal Reports so please don’t leave anything out just because it seems obvious.

Thanks for your help.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 3:42am
Only thing coming to mind is are they printing to the same printer and do the machines have the same printer drivers installed?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version