Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Printing to File Post Reply Post New Topic
Chadzuk

Online Status: Offline
Quote Chadzuk Replybullet Topic: Printing to File
    Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 6:29am
My apologies if this question has already been asked somewhere but i'm stumped.    Through VB.NET 2008 I need to print a crystal report to a printer setup to print to file.  I need the program to override the file name box that appears so I can have a name assigned to it automatically.  I haven't been able to find any methods via Crystal that will allow be to assign it this name.  Anything I've been able to find either says Crystal had the ability in older versions but not in .NET or methods that just don't seem to work. 

The only trick is I do have to assign a parameter through the program for the report to print.   I have everything working accept how to get around the file name box.

To help understand why I need this, the program I wrote is a backup application for a hospital registration system.   If the primary system goes down for some reason, they users can use this application until it comes back up.   The recreated a couple of the necessary reports in crystal which is what I need to print to file via a printer.   We are going to then FTP these print files to the print servers to print instead of printing directly to the network printer.   Everything works great accept for the naming of the file.

If anyone has any ideas or knows of a way to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chad
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version