Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: failed to open Post Reply Post New Topic
nsai

Online Status: Offline
Quote nsai Replybullet Topic: failed to open
    Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 4:57am
HI,
I  am new to cyrstal report

when i am trying to sehedule the crystal report i am getting error.

Failed to open the connection. F:\Program Files\Business Objects xir2\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\PWBOXIR002.reportjobserver\~tmpbac65f6c1bddc6.rpt

also
i am using CR Developer to create crystal reports then export them to the BOE repository or CR repository thats because i have two servers, one for the BusinessObjects Enterprise XIR2, and the another for Crystal Reports Server XIR2.. the problem that when i create a crystal reports using pre-built business view i can see it through infoview in the two servers.. but when i create it using other sources like odbc it doesn't open through infoview and i have this error:

Failed to open the connection. (report name).rpt

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 6:10am
Do you have the same ODBC connections that the report is using set up on the BOE and CRS servers as you're using in your report?  If not, that is some, if not all of your problem.

The other thing you need to do when you publish or update a report on either server, is make sure you log in to the CMC and set the Database Configuration on the report.  When you update a report, the previously configured password goes away so you have to be sure to re-set it.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
nsai

Quote nsai Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 8:00am
Hi Hilfy,
How set the Database Configuration on the report

Actually  report created in crystal 9 and   locally saved the reprot and i have  upload the report into infoview xi r2
there iam secheduling the  report i am getting error that i.e
Failed to open the connection. F:\Program Files\Business Objects xir2\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\PWBOXIR002.reportjobserver\~tmpbac65f6c1bddc6.rpt

Even i am not able to view the report  in infoview and CMC ( XI R2)?

Please .............
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 8:48am
In the CMC, navigate to the report.  Right-click and select either Properties or Database Configuration.   Set the password for the connection.  Also set it to use the same logon as when run (bottom of the page.)

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version