Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Database Connection across environments Post Reply Post New Topic
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote kirandb Replybullet Topic: Database Connection across environments
    Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 6:09am
My report uses an Oracle Server and I am using a Stored Procedure in my report to access all the columns that are displayed in the report.
When I migrate the report onto CMC, for the database configuration , I used the option "Use original database logon information from the report."
rather than "Use custom database logon information specified here."
because of some duplication issues which couldnt be figured out in the report design. Everything works fine.
When the report is moved to UAT or PROD,  The admin is unable to change the server name for the option selected. It is greyed out.
Is there a way to upload the RPT file  without actually entering the password but just giving the server name so that the admin just have to input the password in the CMC.  Is there any other way out.

Thanks,
Kiran  
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 9:30am
There should be no difference between "Use original database logon information" and "Use custom database logon information" when they point to the same place.  There is no way to change the server on the User Orginal option because it is using what is specified in the report file itself.  This is a situation where you will have to use the custom logon option.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version