Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Printing Post Reply Post New Topic
he00273

Online Status: Offline
Quote he00273 Replybullet Topic: Printing
    Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 12:28am
Using Vs2005 - C#

I have several CRs, three of which are portrait and 1 which is landscape.

With the landscape report, I set up the report to print in landscape and in the viewer it works ok.

If I print to a local laser (through parallel port, Epson 5700) it prints ok.

If I print to a colour laser that is on the network, the report is printed in landscape but the right side is truncated as if it was printing in portrait mode .

I am using A4 paper size.

I have tried various things but nothing seems to fix it. Angry I suspect that it might be PrinterSettings that need changing.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there an easy fix.Dead

If I export to PDF, that works great in Landscape and I can print that, but I would like to print direct.

I am printing via my own print button. The only reason for doing this is so I can display a status form that says printing has started and then finished.

If there were events exposed for the inbuilt CrystalReportViewer print button I would not need to do this. Has anyone found how to trap events for when Crystal Reports starts and completes  printing. The lack of events for this function makes Crystal Reports much less of a product that I was expecting for what is touted as the 'Premier' reporting tool.

I bought the Crystal Reports book for .NET Programming and its a little hard to bring Vs2003 into line with VS2005. Is there a VS2005 version coming out soon?
Cry
Is the new book that has been advertised been done for the stand alone crytsal reports or is it intended for developers as well?Shocked

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 4:32pm

The problem might also be that the correct printer driver is not installed on your desktop.

Brian is working on a VS2005 version of the book, but I'm not sure when it's due out.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version