Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Santanu.Crystal

Online Status: Offline
Quote Santanu.Crystal Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report
    Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 5:11pm
Hi Everybody,

I am a newbie in this forum. I am facing a typical problem which I think is a minor mistake of myself. We had created a windows application of report module using vb.net 2005, crystal report and sql server 2005. Till day before yesterday the database was in shared server and the application is running fine. From yesterday we had opted for dedicated server whose config. is windows 2003 SP2 with SQLSERVER 2005. Here the problem arised.

previously we were used "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL SERVER" and it was running fine. But now with the new server configuration whenever I am trying to create the Connection after giving the Server Name,User ID, Password; the Database Name is not populating in the combobox. Here the problem starts.

So I opted for SQL Native Client. There it is populating the databasename in the combobox and the connection is doing fine. After this I had created the SetUp Project and trying to run it Win 2003 machine. All the reports are coming fine. But whenever I am trying to run the software in Win XP machine it is asking for Database Login. Now Here I pointed out that the first two textboxes of the dialog box is disabled. First one is showing the ServerName properly; but in the second textbox database name is not coming and the textbox is also disabled. so if I am giving the User Id and the password  in the following textboxes then also it is not working.

Problem 01 : Why "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL SERVER" is not working in the dedicated server? If there is something to do from side so that it will start working ; plz tell me.

Problem 02 : If the above cannot be solved then why in Win XP machine the database name is not showing ?

Any help in this regard will be highly helpful for me ... its very urgent...
Santanu
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version