Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Deploying ASP.NET Site Post Reply Post New Topic
SuperPinkster

Online Status: Offline
Quote SuperPinkster Replybullet Topic: Deploying ASP.NET Site
    Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 9:39am

I have deployed several sites that required no more than an "xcopy".  All I had to do was go in and change the url in the .webinfo file to the deployment url.  (I also made this change in the .sln file, although I'm not sure if I needed to.)

But by creating a deployment package with Crystal Reports merge modules, I see that a setup .exe and .ini file, as well as an .msi file are created.  My concern is that when I copy these files to the deployment folder and then run the setup.exe, it will not automatically change these urls.  I would appreciate any insight that could be offered on this.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 11:09am
Yes, you are right that using Crsytal Reports requires creating a deployment package (lots of DLLs and registry to work with). To deploy your site properly and without any headaches (e.g. bad URLs and virtual directories), you need to make sure you understand the how to create an ASP.NET deployment project and the optional properties that need to be set. Here is a link I found that should be helpful.

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030806.htm

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version