Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Log On Using Push Model Post Reply Post New Topic
KevinQ

Online Status: Offline
Quote KevinQ Replybullet Topic: Log On Using Push Model
    Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 4:21pm
I am at the begining of developing an ASP.Net web app.  I am using what I think is called the "push method". 

Here is what I did so far:
I added a dataset to the the project and in the dataset I created a table.  I then created a query to populate the table.  The query uses a connection string that is in the webconfig file.  When I run the code to populate the table it works, i.e the table has a count property and my data is in there.

I have the report designer connected to the the dataset and the above table shows up in the field viewer and I can place the fields onto the report.

Here is the problem, when I put a Crystal Report Viewer on the page and run the page I get a logon box.  On the box for the name of the server it has the Dataset name and there is no way to change it.

Logon fails with info from my sql server which is the only info I have.

My questions are:

1.  How do I fix this.

2.  If I am putting the data into the table manually why do I need any logon. I am not going to the server and fact I already went there to get the data to  fill the datatable.

Thanks for any explanation
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 3:39am
When you design a report in VS, Crystal uses the "class" definition of the DataSet to get the field definitions for the design.  At this point, the report is not actually connected to the DataSet "object" that contains the data.  So, prior to showing the report in the viewer, you have to connect the report to the DataSet object in order to connect to the actual data that you've loaded.  How this is done is dependent on the object model you're using.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version