Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Combinding Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Roesing

Online Status: Offline
Quote Roesing Replybullet Topic: Combinding Fields
    Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:20am
I have exported a report using Raiser's Edge, this exports to an Access Database. In Access there are several tables. In one of the tables there is Name, Lastname in the second table there is GuestName, GuestLastname. I need to combined the Name field and Guestname field so I can make a check in list. 

Is there anyway in Crystal to write a formula or is there an application in crystal that will do this.  I can do this easily in excel or access but I want to pull it back into Raiser's edge so it needs to happen in crystal. 

Thank you for any help.  I have Crystal Report 8.5

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:08am
If I understand you correctly, you want a list of all the names regardless of which table they come from, correct?

In Crystal 8.5, there is an option to edit the SQL that Crystal generates.  You'll need to take this option and do a query similar to the following:

Select "Table1"."Name", "Table1"."LastName
from Table1 as "Table1"

Union

Select "Table2"."GuestName", "Table2"."GuestLastname"
from Table2 as "Table2"

The data from both tables will come through with the field names from the first table.  You may have to tweak the query a bit to get it to work - I haven't worked in 8.5 in a number of years so I don't remember exactly how it wants things set up.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version