Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Passing ASP.Net paramater from Client to Server Post Reply Post New Topic
ggoodall

Online Status: Offline
Quote ggoodall Replybullet Topic: Passing ASP.Net paramater from Client to Server
    Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 10:44am
In an ASP.NET application I have a crystal report that has one parameter field that is used in the select expert.  When the webpage loads and the user selects the report name from a list of available reports, a "Parameter Fields(s)" dialogue is displayed.  It gives the name and description of the parameter field with a Value texbox that the user uses to input the value.  Also, there is a submit button below.  When a value is entered and the submit button is clicked a javascript function named submitParameterValues() is executed.  This must be a default function associated with the submit button since I didn't set up the association.  Until I added the javascript function onto the page, I received an error.  The page does not post back however and the report does not load.  The "Parameter Field(s)" dialogue continues to display.  

My question is how do I capture the value of the parameter and cause the postback and then get the report to generate.

P.S. I have other crystal reports that do NOT have parameter values that generate just fine.

Thanks Smile

Edited by ggoodall - 24 Jun 2011 at 10:46am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version