Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Adding one field from table Post Reply Post New Topic
macinslaw

Online Status: Offline
Quote macinslaw Replybullet Topic: Adding one field from table
    Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 8:18am
Not sure if this is the right area, if not I apologize up front.

I have a report that was created and linked to a sql DB and table.  Our end user wants to add a field from another table into the report. Let's say this is an invoice.  So the form is already linked to the Invoice table. Inside there are 3 keys, and 3 paramenters that must be set (ship to, bill to, product key are the data fields - the 3 paramenters are date or date range, company and branch.

The field to be added is a tracking number from a shipping table.  The only key in this table that matches is bill to.

Tell me,  is there a way to tell me how to add a field in this report?

-Thanks in avance.
IP IP Logged
CircleD

Online Status: Offline
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 6:38pm
It makes it easier since you do have a field you can link the tables together with.First thing I do whenever I am modifying a report is to copy it to a separate folder in case it blows up on me.Then I open the report up with Crystal and go to the design tab.Click on the Database Expert in the tool bar and open the tables in the left pane and add the table you need the field from.It should automatically link the tables but if not it's easy to do yourself.Hit next and go to your field explorer and open the table you need the field from and drag it to where you need it to be in the report,usually in the details section unless you're doing a more elaborate report.Barring unforeseen linking problems you should be good to go.

You needing to ask this makes me wonder if you might need to get somebody that knows what they are doing to modify it for you but, there are several books that can help you learn Crystal Reports and I'm sure Brian will be glad to sell you one of his.Look for one of his posts and in the signature section there is a link to help you with that.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version