Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Extra letters when exporting to PDF Post Reply Post New Topic
ambermrdetty

Online Status: Offline
Quote ambermrdetty Replybullet Topic: Extra letters when exporting to PDF
    Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 10:42am
I have a strange problem I've never encountered in many years of working with CR.

When I export one report to a PDF, anywhere there is the letter "t" in the report text, it adds an "i" to it.  So "reports" becomes "reportis" and "rate" becomes "ratie" and so forth.

It does not appear in my design or print preview within Crystal Reports (XI), and it does not happen if I export to any other format other than PDF.  I have other reports that I can also successfully export to PDF without the extra letter.  I'm at a loss of where to even begin to look to correct this for this one report.

It is a very extensive report, so I'm hoping to find a solution that does not force me to recreate all the complicated cross tabulations and formulas.

Any ideas?
IP IP Logged
ambermrdetty

Online Status: Offline
Quote ambermrdetty Replybullet Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 6:23am
Okay, I figured out that it was the font.  The report was in Calibri (which my other reports are too) and when I changed the font of this report to Arial it no longer added the extra character.

It is still strange, though, because I'm able to export other reports in Calibri to PDF and it works fine.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version