Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: How to keep users from having to log onto server Post Reply Post New Topic
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote dbodell Replybullet Topic: How to keep users from having to log onto server
    Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 3:16am
I am developing a number of reports, some of them using repository lists of values for parameters and some of them not. Is there a way to avoid the user having to enter the database connection or server connection log on in order to run the report themselves? I don't want them to have to log onto the BOE server just to display the prompts nor log onto the sql database.

Is there a way to present them with "compiled" versions of the reports that store the log on information?

Will using BOE repository objects always require log on to the BOE server when the report is run?

Any help is appreciated very much.
Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
CircleD

Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:15pm
Best bet is probably a report viewer.Here is the SAP viewer:

http://www.sap.com/solutions/sap-crystal-solutions/query-reporting-analysis/sapcrystalviewer/index.epx
IP IP Logged
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie

Quote dbodell Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 4:03am
Yeah, I thought about that. But the person for whom I am writing the reports has the full version on her machine and doesn't want to give it up. I'm password and read-only protecting the reports but I hate to give her the password to the data source if she doesn't need it. She's a bit dangerous that way.
Thanks!
Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version