Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Image/Section Size Post Reply Post New Topic
drsch3

Online Status: Offline
Quote drsch3 Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Image/Section Size
    Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 7:15pm
Hi all,

I've got a report that shows images for products in the details section. Not all products have images. I'm pushing the images into a dataset in C#. All the images are set to be the same size in C#. I want the section size to be as big as the image when there is one and as small as a line of text when there isn't.

I can programatically set the row height but it's for all rows and if it is smaller than the defined image size on the report I get an error. If I make the image really small and set it to can grow... well it doesn't grow and I get tiny images on the report.

Any help would be appreciated.

David.
IP IP Logged
drsch3

Quote drsch3 Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 6:36pm
Got it  Clap .... kind of. Confused

I created another detail section below the first and put my images there. I suppress it if the file path length is 0. I then  checked 'underlay following section' which puts the item number and the image side by side.

Yay!

Well kind of. Now the only issue I have is when the 2 sections split over 2 pages. Keep together doesn't seem to work.

Once again any help would be appreciated.

David.
IP IP Logged
recthor

Quote recthor Replybullet Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:30pm
maybe you can try some third party image processing programmes to resize images , they can make things much eaiser and some of them are not quite expensive. 
IP IP Logged
drsch3

Quote drsch3 Replybullet Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:38pm
The image wasn't the problem. I could re-size the image. It was the row height that was the issue. I couldn't have dynamic row heights, if there was no image then I wanted the row to be the size of the text. I've since moved to MS Reporting Services which can do this.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version