Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Will Excel formula work in Crystal? Post Reply Post New Topic
jevremovj

Online Status: Offline
Quote jevremovj Replybullet Topic: Will Excel formula work in Crystal?
    Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:27am
Hi - I'm new to Crystal and trying to use the "edate" formula that I use in Excel to create a new formula field in Crystal. In Excel, I would just take my ship date field and my # of months on rent field to use in my formula with =edate(ShipDate,#Months)... I'm trying to figure out how to enter it in Crystal, keep getting the error "the remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula" so I'm sure it's a beginners error.

Here is my attempt at the formula that isn't working:

=edate({RO1_ContractHeader.OriginalShipDate},{RO_90_UDF_ROContractHeader.No_Months})

Any advice would be appreciated.

Julie J
Julie J
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 1:45pm

"edate" is not a function that's available in Crystal.  If you're trying to add months to a date, you should use the DateAdd() function.  Look in the Crystal Help for the syntax.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
jevremovj

Quote jevremovj Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 2:00pm
Oh, thank you so much for your feedback, I found the help screen on DateAdd and put in this formula to add to the # of months.
DateAdd (m,{RO_90_UDF_ROContractHeader.No_Months} ,{RO1_ContractHeader.OriginalShipDate} )

but new error says "The ) is missing"... I have a ( before the "M" and at the end, not sure where else I would have another end parenthesis?

Help?
Julie J
IP IP Logged
jevremovj

Quote jevremovj Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 2:05pm
Oh, no worries, I just figured out my problem... the M needed to have "m" around it... thank you sooooo much, I'm so excited my formula works now!
Julie J
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version