Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: integration run from script Post Reply Post New Topic
fsubob2003

Online Status: Offline
Quote fsubob2003 Replybullet Topic: integration run from script
    Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 7:12am
Hi all,

I am new to crystal reports but have been tasked with a project that I was wondering if its possible and if there is anyone here who can lend advice on the steps needed.

We currently have crystal reports that are run manually and change the headings manually.

I have written a report scheduler that puts data in a table with the time and which report the user wants to run.

The next thing I want to do is write a .Net app or webservice that will look in this table nightly and auto generate the reports and place them in a network drive. I then am going to convert the reports to pdf and post to the web.

Has this been done before and are there any articles or books that might help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 12:50pm
Yes, this is all possible with CR.NET 2003. My book, "Crystal Reports .NET Programming" gives you the object model to work with as well as sample code for modify report properties such as report header, etc.

CR.NET Programming
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
fsubob2003

Quote fsubob2003 Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 5:18am

Great thanks I will order the book and I hope it does contain the answers I am looking for.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version