Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports Help!! Post Reply Post New Topic
FooFighter616

Online Status: Offline
Quote FooFighter616 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports Help!!
    Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:35am
Hello

I am completely new to Crystal Reports and I need to create a report that shows which applications have been made with a "delegated" decision. We use a program called MasterGov as a database for all the applications and it links to crystal reports.When you click in a field it show at the bottom what the current field name is. I have in my report:

Application number: pla_planning.application

Proposal: pla_planning.proposal

District: pla_planning.pla_district_1

Electoral Division: pla_planning.ward_code_1

Decision: pla_planning.decision

Committee/Delegated: pla_planning.delegated_committee

Issue Date: pla_planning.notice_date

Okay, so I have added into the design tab of the report: pla_district_1, location, application_number, proposal, ward_code_1 and decision. Some of them are working fine but some aren't showing anything and some are showing random combinations of letters and numbers. We managed to work out that these combinations are the codes used in MasterGov that mean the things we want e.g: 18UB= North Devon. So, I also added the lookup tables so that I can add lookup_wards.ward_description and lookup_district.district_decision, which should contain the words that I want rather than the numbers. However, when I add these into the design bit, the whole report goes blank on the preview page.

My question is: how do I get the report to show the data I want? And how can I get it so it only shows applications that have "Conditional Approval" as a decision, were "delegated" and have and issue date between two dates I can change?

I am a complete newbie at this so the simpler you can explain things the better.

Thanks,

Jack
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version