Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Break page after certain # of details? Post Reply Post New Topic
Antrim

Online Status: Offline
Quote Antrim Replybullet Topic: Break page after certain # of details?
    Posted: 29 May 2012 at 3:13pm
I am trying to create a check writing report that will work in the following way:

- The first section of each page of the report will include all line items that will be added into the check.
- The middle section of each page of the report will be the actual check, with Payee, payer, amount, address, etc.
- The last section of each page of the report will simply be a copy of the first section.

Each page of the report will include 10 line items AT MAX. For example, if we are writing a check that will account for 12 items, the report will have two pages:

- The first page will have the first 10 line items (in both the first section and last section of the page) and a check with the amount of 0.00.
- The second page will have the other 2 line items (in both sections) PLUS the actual data for the check. Basically, the only valid check will be the one on the last page of the report.

My idea is to have a DataSet with two tables, one for the line items and the other one for the check data. And in the check table, have one row per page. So in the previous example, I would have 12 rows in the line items table, and 2 rows in the checks table (one would have 0.00 as the amount, and the other one would have the actual X.XX amount). I was also thinking about grouping by check, and add a page break after each check, but I am not sure on how to make sure that only 10 line items are in each page.

Any help, or new ideas on how to approach this matter?

Thanks in advance!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:02am
how we accomplish it is to gather the data from a stored proc, then we can group the stub line items into groups of 10, and give them a name like Check#A, Check#B.
So if you have check #123, you can have for the stub groups 123A, 1232B. Then you could construct a subreport to print your detail linked/grouped by the stubcheckNumber, and you could call it twice for your check passing in the group. 
To really link everything together, you should have multiple detail rows for your checks for your multiple checks (to be printed), also called 123A, 123B (with all the pertinent details in 123B being empty or VOID so you can print VOID on the second check, since it is being used solely to print the stub information.

Just some thoughts, I've written a few checks, and really hate writing them...getting everything to line us just so can be very frustrating.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version