Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Access to Group Results Post Reply Post New Topic
Flying Eyeball

Online Status: Offline
Quote Flying Eyeball Replybullet Topic: Access to Group Results
    Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 2:19am
Hello!

I'm working with CR (2011) for just 2 days, so there are still problems with the codes and so on.

My problems/questions so far:
  • is it possible to use common SQL or PL/SQL commands inside of a report?
  • is it possible to get access to group - results or calculate them by myself?
  • How to use a global variable so that it's not 0 in the report header?

Those are obstacles, if you want to evaluate cumulated (minute)-values, set back to 0 after each group of work-shifts.

Each shift has a defined begin- and endtime. Not all shifts got a record in at the end of the shift (but they schould), so if this record does'nt exist, the resttime to the shiftend should be added to the last record of a group(shift).

I inserted a group-result with the group-result-operation 'maximum' for each column.

Those values are correct for the individual shifts (except for the ones where there is no record at the end of a shift), and i used a diagram visualizing the values.

The problem is, that a total-diagram is wanted in the report header, but its values cant be calculated with the the group-result-options, because by using 'summarize' all already cumulated values would be summed up again. By using 'maximum' - only the highest value of each column from all shifts would be taken.

I tried to solve this problem with a global variable, which - per record at the end of a shift - is increased by this value.
But beside the problem that shifts where no record is at the end of the shift are ignored, i noticed that the global variable shown in the report header always has the value 0.

I've got the same problems in my subreport.

I hope the problem is still understandable,

ty for answers!
IP IP Logged
comatt1

Online Status: Offline
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 6:00am
s it possible to use common SQL or PL/SQL commands inside of a report? -- yes setup a database and right click and setup command

is it possible to get access to group - results or calculate them by myself? running totals and evaluate when not = 0

How to use a global variable so that it's not 0 in the report header? you have to use report header, but you could always suppress report header, and move everything to footer and create multiple footers
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version