Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Multi-Value Parameter Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
it_tech

Online Status: Offline
Quote it_tech Replybullet Topic: Multi-Value Parameter Fields
    Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 9:10pm
This is the dumbest problem that is driving me insane. I'm fairly new to CR, but have picked up plenty of usage information/techniques from things people have posted online. In my application, I have people that have orders, and those people reside at various facilities. I have created a Dynamic, multi-value, Parameter field that is based on the Facility ID in my orders table. I want my users to be able to select one or more facility IDs and display the order information for the people in the facilities they selected. It selects the records correctly, but puts the first Facility ID in the list for all records. I have searched and searched about this and all I can find is people that use the JOIN formula to list what the people selected in a field separated by a delimeter. All I want is for the records for people in Facility A to show Facility A next to them, the records for people in Facility B show Facility B next to them, etc. This seems ridiculous that this is such a complicated thing for a fairly robust reporting software to do. It seems so basic an trivial. Any help on how to make this work properly would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

Using CR 2008
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:25am
You've set up the parameter, but have you used it in your selection criteria?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
it_tech

Quote it_tech Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:46am
Yes. It shows the first facility ID value in the list of chosen IDs for all records. This is a known thing from what I can tell from reading about it, but there has to be a way to display the records with their correct facility IDs.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:15am
What is your table structure?  How are your tables joined?  What is the exact formula for your selection criteria?
I need a little more info to determine what's going on.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
it_tech

Quote it_tech Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:49pm
And as I typed out my scenario to you, and was talking through it, I realized what my err was...I've always been putting the Parameter Facility ID field into the report as the Facility ID. Instead I need to be using the Facility ID field from the actual table on the report. (Facepalm)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version