Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Data from multiple dbases using date range Post Reply Post New Topic
dknudson

Online Status: Offline
Quote dknudson Replybullet Topic: Data from multiple dbases using date range
    Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 3:43am
This is probably basic stuff, but  its been awhile since I created a report and have forgotten most of my training... :(

I have three databases. FFINV, MasterD and MasterF. FFINV points to MasterD and MasterF using a key field and a left join.

in the report, if I select just off a billcode field, I get MasterF and MasterD information. If I add that I want all records from MasterF that fall between 05/01/2012 and 05/31/2012, I only get MasterF records,as would be expected. However, i need to get records from both MasterF and MasterD that fall into that date range. I cant seem to come up with the logic to get that accomplished in the Select Expert.  I can get one or the other, but not both.

I am using version 10 of Crystal Reports
IP IP Logged
shanth
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote shanth Replybullet Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 8:31am
If I understand correct, Master D Left Join Master F, but you need Full records from Master F. Don't think so, because you already filtered Master F based on Key field joined with Master D. Select expert only filters records that are pulled from SQL based on condition.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version