Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Pass over data from SUB REPORT to MAIN REPORT Post Reply Post New Topic
guy723

Online Status: Offline
Quote guy723 Replybullet Topic: Pass over data from SUB REPORT to MAIN REPORT
    Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 2:20am
Good Morning, I have a really painful reports that I am modifing and trying to add some subreports to it and for the life of me I can get it the way my boss wants it.

The report main report and sub reports have no relation EXCEPT the JOB# itself. 
1. I would like to know if I could pass over the jobs #from all my subreports and embeded them in the main report and all the jobs are line up numerically. Is that even possible?

2. Then I need the main report to add up the subreport and created the sub total for each job number, and grand total at the very bottom of the report. Is that even possible?

here is the main report and how its I got it to lay out right now

job#       Job Desc       materail      labour     overhead    Cont1 Cont  Cont3
2222-4     Sales            500             100             50
1202 -2    Sales2          1000           200             300
3333 -1    Sales            750             150             300

sub report 1
1202 -2                        (300)                                          300
5555-6                         (120)                                          200

Sub report 2
3333 - 7                        (90)                                                       90

sub report 3
1202 - 3                                         ( 120)          (20)                           140  

Here is how we wants it to look like

job#       Job Desc       materail      labour     overhead    Cont1 Cont  Cont3
1202 -2    Sales2          1000           200             300
1202 -2                        (300)                                            300
1202 - 3                                         ( 120)          (20)                           140  

Subtotals   7000          80              280         300            140

so and so and so

at the very bottom

Grand Totals   of all the amounts

*** Please help I need this really bad*****

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 6:11am
I have some questions first....

What type of section are you displaying the data in?  What type of section is the subreport in?

You would actually pass the Job# FROM the Main report TO the Subreport - not the other way around.  Right-click on the Subreport and select "Change Subreport Links".  At the top, move the Job# field for the Main report from "Available Fields" to "Fields to Link To".    At the bottom-right, select the Job# field in the subreport.

There are then ways to use shared variables to pass info between the Subreport and the Main report.  Once you've answered my questions above, I should be able to steer you in the right direction for that.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
guy723

Quote guy723 Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 1:31am

The main report displayed the data in the detail section and the subreports displayed in the report footer section. I even tried to place in the group herader and detail section nothing seems to work.

I follow your recomandation using the Change Subreport Links it didn't work. Nothing appear in subreport after I made the links.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version