Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Running Total Resets Post Reply Post New Topic
mrc161

Online Status: Offline
Quote mrc161 Replybullet Topic: Running Total Resets
    Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 11:05am

Hello.  Is there a way to prevent a running total from resetting as you drill down through groups?

I have a report with several groups, and running totals within those groups.

However, as an example, Group 2 is technically a subgroup of Group 1.  However, when I drill down into Group 2, the Running Total summary I have in Group 1 re-calculates based off of the numbers showing in Group 2.  Is there any way of "freezing" the numbers sitting in my footer of Group 1.

As an example, say Group 1's dollar totals is $1,000,000.00.  Say Group 2's dollar totals is $250,000.00.  When I drill down into Group 2, the running totals sitting in the footers of both Group 1 and Group 2 shows $250,000.00.

I would like it so that Group 1's dollar totals remains at $1,000,000.00 regardless of how far I've drilled down into the report.

I understand why it's doing it, but was wondering if there's a way to prevent it.  Thanks, Mike
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 10:02pm
Have you tried adding a Summary field that calculates the Subtotal for sales? Each summary field is separate and won't be reset by sub-groups.

If you must use the running total field for whatever reason, you should have two running total fields (one for each group). And have each one get reset on the change of it's own group value. That way, one running total being reset won't effect the other running total.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version