Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: "Link Options" Dialog never displays the "OK" btn? Post Reply Post New Topic
rhartness

Online Status: Offline
Quote rhartness Replybullet Topic: "Link Options" Dialog never displays the "OK" btn?
    Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 7:17am
I'm having a problem that I am pretty sure is a bug but, just in case, I wanted to see if anyone has ever heard of such a thing or might have an idea as to what is going on.

I'm creating a new report (in CR XI R2) and stepping through the 'New Report' wizard, I've specified a SQL Server data source and drag-and-dropped all of my field links within the 'Links' screen.

My problem is that when I click on one of the link-lines, and then click on the 'Link Options...' button to specify some of the links as LEFT OUTER JOINs, there is no 'OK' or 'Accept' button.  How can I create a link between two database tables that is special type of JOIN?

I had a report that I was working on a while ago and I had the same problem.  It wasn't as important as this one, so I hacked Crystal Reports by looking for the Windows Button Control Handle and I passed it the Windows Messages that registered a button click.

This is, of course, a terribly bad idea but I was desperate.  Could anyone know what could cause this or possibly know some one (even at Business Objects) that might know why this would happen?  I fear that this is because something is screwed up in my installation and I will have to reinstall.  I'd hate to go through that process and then find out that it didn't work and still be stuck at square-one.

I'm desperate at this point.  Can anyone help in any way?

Oh, as a side note, my boss who is almost always in a meeting is the only other person at our company who has CR installed.  I'm pretty sure the first time that I saw this issue I was able to check it out on his computer and the link options were available and modifiable.  I think, however, he has an older version of Cyrstal Reports, though.

Edited by rhartness - 08 Jan 2008 at 1:45pm
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 8:44am
You used Windows Messages to click the non-existent button? Impressive.

Yes, the buttons should be there. Have you tried re-installing and rebooting? I would do that first. If that doesn't work, make sure you download SP3 for R2 here: R2 SP3

If that doesn't work, then it's back to writing Windows Messages. 
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
rhartness

Quote rhartness Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 9:10am

Ah!  They have released a new service pack.  I'm downloading it now and will install it when it completes.  I had a couple other issues with CR back in July and I installed the last service pack.  I had no clue they released them so frequently Ermm.

Yeah, I can create a little application to control and pass messages to Window Handles, but I can't check for SP updates [shrug].  That makes you feel a little bit dense.  I've read through the associated HotFix documentation and they made a few changes to the data linking system.  None of them appeare to directly fix my problem but I think that there is a chance that it will help.  I'll report back after the install.
IP IP Logged
rhartness

Quote rhartness Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 12:22pm

I installed the SP and it didn't help.  I guess my next step is to do a full unstall and reinstall.  I dread that process.  Would you (or anyone else) happen to have at least one other tip or shot-in-the-dark trick to try?

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 12:52pm
I don't think they would directly fix your problem in a SP b/c it is such an obvious bug that they would have caught it before release. But I thought that maybe installing the SP would overwrite any bad DLLs you might have and thus correct the problem. I think it's time for the uninstall - reboot - reinstall -reboot. Sorry.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
rhartness

Quote rhartness Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 1:41pm

Ok. Ouch

That's not what I wanted to hear but it's to be expected.  I tried to google this problem from every angle nor could I find a reference to this issue on the official Business Objects, Cyrstal Reports page.

Thanks for trying, though.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version