Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Infoview requiring multiple drop down selection Post Reply Post New Topic
golfit007

Online Status: Offline
Quote golfit007 Replybullet Topic: Infoview requiring multiple drop down selection
    Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 6:34am
I have recently upgrade my Business Objects server from XIR2SP3 to XIR3.1SP6. After the upgrade I noticed that all my drop down prompts are asking to be selected in increments of 200 records. My users are used to using the double arrow and moving all of the parameters from the left to the right side. Now my title selections requires 12  clicks, 1 thru 6 to change the drop down list and the 2nd click to move the items onto the list.

I have research the problem and I have made the changes that were outlined here from the 2009 time frame. My Crystal Reports CR2008 SP6 works fine it is my Infoview that is cuasing the promblem.

I have the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Wow6432Node, Business Objects,Suite 12.0, Crystal Reports, ReportView, PromptingLOVBatchSize = HEX 2710 or 10000 Decimal, tried it both ways.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Wow6432Node, Business Objects,Suite 12.0, Crystal Reports, Database Options, LOV, MaxRowsetRecords = 10000.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Business Objects,Suite 12.0, Crystal Reports, ReportView, PromptingLOVBatchSize = HEX 2710 or 10000 Decimal, tried it both ways.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Business Objects,Suite 12.0, Crystal Reports, Database Options, LOV, MaxRowsetRecords = 10000.

HKEY_USER, Software, Business Objects,Suite 12.0, Crystal Reports, ReportView, PromptingLOVBatchSize = HEX 2710 or 10000 Decimal, tried it both ways.

HKEY_USER, Software, Business Objects,Suite 12.0, Crystal Reports, Database Options, LOV, MaxRowsetRecords = 10000.

I am using IIS NOT TOMCAT. We use IIS as that is where our expertise is. I am told this may be an inssue with IIS and the .NET Infoview.

The changes have been made along with changes to the Report Application Server to increase Batch Size Records to 10000.

The Server has been restarted but I am still getting prompted for batches of 200 records at a time in Infoview.

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 12:34pm
Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to be able to do anything about this. You could look through the InfoView aspx code and see if there's a place where you can change it. But then you'd have to be careful about installing upgrades/service pack as that will overwrite your code changes. And if/when you move to 4.x, you won't be able to make ANY code changes because everything is pre-compiled.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version