Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Parameter Set to ALL ingnores Select Expert script Post Reply Post New Topic
Cervello

Online Status: Offline
Quote Cervello Replybullet Topic: Parameter Set to ALL ingnores Select Expert script
    Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 4:48am
I have a issue with one of my reports. The report is using a view as it's source.

There are two sub reports and I'm passing parameters from parent to sub. When I set the department parameter value to ALL I get records that fall outside the date range set in the select expert.

If I set the paramter for department to specifc department values I get the correct data.

When I look at the SQL when the report is set to ALL it ignores the select statement all together, where as it is included in the SQL when I specify a specific department.

Any ideas....Help please !!!

Cervello
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:04am
what is your select statement now?
IP IP Logged
Cervello

Quote Cervello Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:58am
The primary report is:

((if {?Report Type} = "Verification" then {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.QuestionnaireName} = "OB-CT QA Verification v2") or
(if {?Report Type} = "Full Call" then {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.QuestionnaireName} = "OB-CT QA Full Call Review v2")) and
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.VoiceLeadID} <> "" and
if {?Department} = 'All' then {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.Department}= {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.Department}
else {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.Department} = {?Department} and
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.RecordingDate} >= {@Start Date} and
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.RecordingDate} <= {@End Date}

The sub report is:

({vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.VoiceLeadID} = {?Pm-vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.VoiceLeadID}) and
((if {?Report Type} = "Verification" then {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.QuestionnaireName} = "OB-CT QA Verification v2") or
(if {?Report Type} = "Full Call" then {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.QuestionnaireName} = "OB-CT QA Full Call Review v2")) and
if {?Pm-?Department} = 'All' then {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.Department}= {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.Department}
else {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.Department} = {?Pm-?Department} and
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.ScoringDateTime} >= {?Pm-@Start Date} and
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.ScoringDateTime} <= {?Pm-@End Date}
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:07am
for your main try:
(
({?Report Type} = "Verification" and {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.QuestionnaireName} = "OB-CT QA Verification v2" )
or
({?Report Type} = "Full Call" and {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.QuestionnaireName} = "OB-CT QA Full Call Review v2")
)
and
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.VoiceLeadID} <> ""
and
(
{?Department} = 'All'
or
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.Department} = {?Department}
)
and
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.RecordingDate} in {@Start Date} to {@End Date}

sub report try:
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.VoiceLeadID} = {?Pm-vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.VoiceLeadID}
and
(
({?Report Type} = "Verification" and {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.QuestionnaireName} = "OB-CT QA Verification v2")
or
({?Report Type} = "Full Call" and {vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.QuestionnaireName} = "OB-CT QA Full Call Review v2")
)
and
(
{?Pm-?Department} = 'All'
or
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.Department} = {?Pm-?Department}
)
and
{vwIRCMSQuestionnaireForms.ScoringDateTime} in {?Pm-@Start Date} to {?Pm-@End Date}
IP IP Logged
Cervello

Quote Cervello Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 4:41am
I tried these changes but it did not fix the issue. As a work around I took out the parameter and hard coded the departments. Luckly this is a schedule report and I can create seperate instances as needed for that value.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version