Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Seeking for assistant w/Match function in Cysta Post Reply Post New Topic
TC Tran

Online Status: Offline
Quote TC Tran Replybullet Topic: Seeking for assistant w/Match function in Cysta
    Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 10:47pm
Hello,
Is there a way to create a formula to look at a certain value in for example table1 and check table2 to see if it contains a defined value listed in table1? I have two multiple values table (Follow-up table and Sign-off table).

Below is an example of a record with the Follow-up table contains multiple values with 2 Consult values needing consult role to review. Only 1 of the 2 people we've consulted with has signed-off on the file. How can I create a formula to identify that the file still needs Review - Legal completed from the Sign-off table?

{Follow-up Table}        {Sign-off Table}
Consult - Legal              Manager Sign-off
Consult - ITS                 Review - ITS
Chart Review
Meeting-Patient/Family

Thank you very much for your help in advance!
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 2:53am
I would recommend looking at how your product manages this content. Is the a unique shared key between a follow up row and sign off row? Is the sign off row only created when the sign off occurs?
The example is a little confusing given that there is a 'manger sign off' but no 'manager follow up'.
If you understand the data set up you can use that to your advantage. Likely you can do a left join between follow up and sign off an anything where the sign off is null is a record missing the sign off.
IP IP Logged
TC Tran

Quote TC Tran Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 5:24am
Hi DBlank,

Thank you for your comment! Below is a better example of an actual record with the different follow-up types and sub-types assigned to the record. The record is marked with "Work done on file" as the follow-up type and a sub-type of "Consult - Legal". I'd like to create a formula to identify that the record is missing follow-up type of "Sign-Off" and a follow-up sub-type of "Review - Legal". Is it possible to create such formula in Crystal Reports?

FollowUp_Type          FollowUp_Sub_Type
Work done on file      Meeting
Work done on file      Chart Review
Sign-Off                   Manager Sign-Off
Work done on file      Consult - Legal
Work done on file      Consult - ITS
Sign-Off                   Review - ITS

Thank you!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version