Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Regarding sub report data source Post Reply Post New Topic
sanjoyjana

Online Status: Offline
Quote sanjoyjana Replybullet Topic: Regarding sub report data source
    Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 7:42pm
Hi All,

Greetings!

I am developing a little complex report in Crystal Reports and I am having an issue in sub report data source. The main report is getting data set from a stored procedure which is fairly complex and use to take little more time to execute, around 10+ seconds (as it has lot of complex calculations).

Now, I need to insert total 5 different sub reports which will work on a subset of data from the main data set (main report data set). This is I need to do in sub report only because I need to do some sub groping (I can achieve this only by sub report). Now the problem I am facing is that when the report is running, it is taking huge time due to those 5 sub reports, which in turn calling the same stored procedure (with more filtering - where condition).

My question is, can I pass the sub set of the main data set from main report to sub report? if yes, how? if no, can anyone suggest other approach to fix this issue?

For your reference, I am using SAP BusinessObjects Crystal Reports 2013 Support pack 1. (version 14.1.1.1036)

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sanjoy Jana.
Thanks & Regards,
Sanjoy Jana
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 4:07am
Unfortunately there is not a good way to pass a large set of data to a sub-report.  Yes, you could set up an array (with limitations) and pass the array to the sub-report, but I am not sure if that is possible.  Are you using commands or just the tables to bring in the data.  A command (in most cases) will run on the server and generally be faster.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version