Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Forumula to supress records Post Reply Post New Topic
dan231

Online Status: Offline
Quote dan231 Replybullet Topic: Forumula to supress records
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 3:41am
I have found a few posts on this, but I'm probably not fully understanding how this works...

I want to suppress certain records from my report.  I can put a IS NOT in the select expert, but then it is stripping too much data.

My issue is that I am linking on application number, but I only want who sold insurance on the loan.  This table has anywhere form 0-5 different items listed per each application number.

When nothing is suppressed, I think my data is wrong as the ins sold by is blank, when the table has data.  But then when I suppress, the loans that were did not have ins sold are suppressed completely, when I still want those listed.

Suppressing from my formula is doesn't suppress anything and suppressing from the select expert suppresses to much.
Thanks,
Dan
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:27am
It sounds like the data is incorrect to begin with...a join is off or some other filter is being applied that blocks the records that you are after.

I think that once you can see the records that had insurance sold correctly, try the suppress again. If it is coming out blank when it should not be, that usually points to a join condition being incorrect.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version