Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Unable to sum a field in subreport details section Post Reply Post New Topic
reverett

Online Status: Offline
Quote reverett Replybullet Topic: Unable to sum a field in subreport details section
    Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 6:45am
I'm trying to sum a field in the details section of a subreport. Sometimes there will be no values, sometimes one, sometimes multiple. I have only header, details, and footer in the subreport. I'm comfortable with the formula to pull from subreport to main report but the few things I've tried in the subreport (sum, running total) result in duplicate instances of the details value showing in the footer (value A in Details, Value A in footer, repeat) versus a sum of all values in details showing in the footer. The subreport is in the details section of the main report. The subreport field I'm trying to sum is already a number format. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:50am
since the subreport is in the details section, is it being called more than once? where are you reporting the subtotal from the subreport, is it in the same detail section?

Does it need to be displayed in the detail section?

I am asking, as it sounds like the report is doing what it was told to, and to alter it's behavior, we need to know more.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version