Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help with YTD comparisons Post Reply Post New Topic
PamB

Online Status: Offline
Quote PamB Replybullet Topic: Help with YTD comparisons
    Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:05am
Hello,

I'm new to Crystal (with no training!), so please pardon the lack of detail/correct terminology in my question.
I work for a manufacturing company and I'd like to show orders booked in 2017, 2018 and 2019 (labeled ORDER_DATE).
I currently have a YTD report for 2019 that I can use; however, when I try to add an ORDER_DATE column for 2017 & 2018 and change the record filter for those two years (I'm using the "between 1/1/2017 and 12/31/2017...same for 2018), it changes ALL of the ORDER_DATE columns.
This seems like it should be so simple, but I cannot figure it out. Frustrating!
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Edited by PamB - 07 Jan 2019 at 9:06am
Pam
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:28am
Do you have a different table for each year?
IP IP Logged
PamB

Quote PamB Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:19am
Thank you so much for the response.
I think I see some of the issue already. Here's a little I don't see where I can attach a file here, so I'll try to explain.

The ORDER_DATE table isn't year specific, so I was trying to use the selection expert and enter ORDER_DATE 3 different times; changing the range each time (1/1/17-12/31/17, 1/1/18-12/31/18, etc.).
I now realize that's not what I need at all as that's just the DATE the order was placed; not the total amount for that order. I think this is over my head in a big way!
Is there a way for me to send you or attach a file so I can better explain what I'd like to accomplish?
Thanks again for the response!
Pam
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:36am
No files please.
You will have to determine how your data is managed and then someone can help you write a select statement for what you want.
In general you could pull all the records by using a simple select of "ORDER_DATE 3 in date(2017,1,1) to today" but you have to determine what data defines the value you are trying to pull.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version