Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: helppp!! Post Reply Post New Topic
robskone

Online Status: Offline
Quote robskone Replybullet Topic: helppp!!
    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 1:23am
Hi everyone,

Apologies if I'm not posting in the right area of the forum but I am after some help if possible.. I am using crystal reports to try and create a "work to list" based on data from our ERP system that we use to log on and off of jobs. What I would like to do is for each machine centre/ operation, have a list of jobs to work to for a given day.

Where I am getting stuck is I want to insert a formula so that it will only show a job for a certain operation once the previous operation has been completed. For example, once operation 10 (inspection) has been completed, if i ran the report for coating which would be operation 20 (the operation straight after inspection) it would then show.

Is there some sort of formula I could use- maybe some sort of "if" function so that it asks once a previous op is complete, it will show it. Or that maybe it suppresses operations until the previous op has been completed??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:00am
some questions.
How are you getting the data? Stored procedure, direct connect to the database?

If a direct connection, it sounds like you want a suppression formula.

Having no idea about your data, my thought is something like:
not previous(isnull({table.status}))

The problem with this is if there is a step before 10, it will display as well, as it is completed.

It might be a step in the direction that you want to go.

This would go, I am guessing, in the details section as the suppression formula.

HTH
IP IP Logged
robskone

Quote robskone Replybullet Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 8:45pm
Hi, thanks for your reply. The data is coming direct from the database for the ERP system. I was trying to post some screenshots of what I have but I can't seem to copy them in?

I thought it would probably be some kind of suppression formula, but I didn't know what would be included in it. The idea of the operations is that they should be done in numerical order so in theory anything before a particular operation number should be completed too.

I will have a try with what you've suggested and see if I get anywhere.

thanks.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version