Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: too many pages Post Reply Post New Topic
Judy Voyles

Online Status: Offline
Quote Judy Voyles Replybullet Topic: too many pages
    Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 10:32am

I have created a Crystal Reports document in a VB.net application. I have code setting up the data set that i will be printing in the form that contains the crystal reports viewer and i generate a report. my problem is that when the report generates i get 2 pages of the same report.

i have set a bookmark and checked the dataset as the code is running and it only shows 1 row in the data tables i'm referencing so i'm wondering why i'm getting 2 pages of data.

can anyone help me with this?

thanks

IP IP Logged
vkcrystal

Quote vkcrystal Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 4:05pm
I ran into this issue before,  move the Report Footer little more down then it should do the trick
IP IP Logged
Judy Voyles

Quote Judy Voyles Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 10:02am

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that. It didn't make any difference. It doesn't seem to matter where I have the report footer positioned it still prints 2 copies of anything that appears in the details section. If the report footer is up higher on the page both copies appear on the same page, if it's down at the bottom of the page I get 2 pages.

What I have is data from 3 or 4 different tables that are all related that I am displaying together on one page. The data isn't in a column format the layout resembles promotional literature in a way.  Perhaps instead of having a details section I should just make it all a report or page header.

Any other suggestions?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version